The abstract submission deadline has been extended to June 8
It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the 3rd World Bronchiectasis Conference (WBC 2018) with a poster abstract.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is pleased to invite you to submit a poster abstract at the 3rd World Bronchiectasis Conference. Abstracts for the poster session should describe work with relevance to bronchiectasis and/or NTM infections and will be selected on the basis of their scientific merit and content quality. This is your chance to interact with pulmonologists, infectious disease physicians, pharmacists, nurses and respiratory care practitioners, and to educate and expose your work to leaders in your field.
- All abstracts must be submitted by 5:00pm Eastern Daylight Time (UTC – 4:00) on June 8, 2018.
- All material presented in the abstract must be current, relevant and free from ethical bias
- Non-commercial product names must be used wherever possible. All off-label or non-FDA approved uses must be disclosed. Failure to comply with the abstract submission requirements may result in automatic withdrawal of the abstract for consideration by the program committee and possible suspension from future meeting presentations.
- All abstracts received will be considered to be presented as POSTER ABSTRACTS during the conference.
Rules For Abstract Submission
- If there is more than one author, the first author listed should be the primary author, the person that has done the majority of the work. All other authors should be listed thereafter.
- For authors and contributing authors, all of the following are required: First name, middle initial, last name, degree, organization, email address. You will not be able to save your abstract without specifying this information for each author.
- An abstract must have a short, specific title (containing no abbreviations) that indicates the nature of the investigation.
- All Abstracts submitted should include a Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusion format.
- Describe briefly the Purpose of the study. Include a brief statement of Methods. State Results in detail sufficient to support Conclusions.
- All submissions and posters must be in English.
- Standard abbreviations may be used without definition. Nonstandard abbreviations (
please keep to a minimum) must be placed in parentheses after the first use of the word or phrase abbreviated.
- Do not include references, credits or grant support.
- Company logos of the supporting company are prohibited on any part of the presentation.
- Do not include the name or personal information of any patient participating in the study or trial.
- Abstracts are limited to 250 words, not including title and all author-facility related information.
- Proofread abstracts carefully to avoid errors before submission.
Tables and Figures
- Any table should be placed at the end of the abstract. Graphics or illustrations are encouraged for presentation at the conference session.
- Figures (not tables) must be:
- Submitted as either separate tiff files (preferred) or .jpg, .gif or .png files
- 300 dpi or higher
- At a minimum of 4 inches in width
- With titles and footnotes outside of the image
- Eligible accepted abstracts will be published in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases: Journal of the COPD Foundation. You must complete and submit a copyright form at the time of submission if you wish for your abstract to be published. Abstract submissions without a copyright form on file will not be submitted for publication in the journal. You may also choose to opt-out of publication.
- Abstracts previously presented at other conferences (i.e. ATS, ERS) may be submitted as a conference poster abstract, but will not be published in the journal.
- Acceptance notification will be sent via email by June 15, 2018
- Abstracts are selected on the basis of scientific merit.
- Expenses associated with the presentation of an abstract (including, but not limited to registration fees, hotel, travel, poster printing, etc.) are the responsibility of the presenter.
- At least one presenting/submitting author per abstract must register and pay.
- All accepted abstracts will be poster presentations. Poster size is 4 feet tall x 3.5 feet wide.
Deadline extended: Abstracts must be submitted by June 8, 2018
Please note that your submitted abstract should be your finished work. Any requests for changes or edits may not be accepted once submitted.